Check out the New Consumer Cellular phones for seniors.
Consumer Cellular Reviews 2020
Consumer Cellular Plans for SeniorsConsumer Cellular offers no-contract cell phone plans for seniors who needed the cell phone, but they didn`t need all the bells and whistles that are included in most of the cell phone plans available today. Consumer cellular plans are optimized to be senior-friendly and fit the senior's needs and budgets. Consumer cellular plans are split to voice calling plans and connect plans, which include talk, text, and data.
Consumer Cellular offers two different plans, the cheapest talk plan starts at $15 per month and provides 250 any-time minutes. The second plan is the unlimited talk plan, which is offered for $20 per month.
Consumer Cellular Connect Plans (Talk, Text, and Data Plans)
All the connect plans include unlimited text and varied tires of minutes and data allotments. If you exceed your allowed data usage, you’ll automatically be upgraded to the next rate plan.
Consumer Cellular Plans for a Single line
- For $20 per month, you get 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 500 MB of data.
- For $25 per month, you get 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 3 GB of data.
- For $35 per month, you get 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 10 GB of data.
- For $45 per month, you get 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 15 GB of data.
- For $55 per month, you get 250 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data.
- For $25 per month, you get unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 500 MB of data.
- For $30 per month, you get unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 3 GB of data.
- For $40 per month, you get unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 10 GB of data.
- For $50 per month, you get unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 15 GB of data.
- For $60 per month, you get unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data.
Consumer Cellular Family PlansConsumer Cellular has only one family plan that allows you to share your minutes, texts, and data with your family members.
- You can add up to two additional lines to your account.
- Each additional line costs $15 per month.
- All the lines share the talk minutes, texts, and data allotment on the selected monthly plan.
Consumer Cellular Plans features
- Monthly plans start as low as $15 per month.
- No-contract so, you are on a month to month basis.
- No activation fees.
- No fee to change from plan to another.
- No long-distance fee applied so, you can call any of the 50 states, but you can`t call internationally there is an extra fee.
- If you exceed your allowed plan minutes you automatically upgraded to the next rate plan so; there are no overcharges.
- Money-back satisfaction guarantee for 30 days or 30 minutes of usage for unsatisfied customers.
- Every plan includes free calling services such as:
- Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting.
- Conference Calling.
- International Direct Dial.
Consumer Cellular CoverageConsumer Cellular is one of the mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) that runs on AT&T and T-Mobile networks so; it provides nationwide coverage with good speed. It's good for a non-carrier service provider to gain the benefits of top reliable carriers in the United States. For more information, you can check out the Consumer Cellular coverage map.
Consumer Cellular AARP DiscountsConsumer Cellular offers exclusive discounts for AARP members, which can be summarized in the following three points:
- 5% discount off the monthly plan price and usage charges.
- 30% discount on select accessories purchased.
- Extend the money-back satisfaction guarantee from 30 days to 45 days.
- Check out the AARP Cell Phone Discounts for seniors.
Consumer Cellular Phones for SeniorsConsumer Cellular has a slim cell phone selection compared to major carriers like Verizon, and AT&T. The offered Consumer Cellular phones are flip phones, Android phones, and several iPhone models.
Update: recently Consumer Cellular added some of the latest iPhone devices like the iPhone Xs MAX and some latest Samsung devices like the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+.
Consumer Cellular Phones for Seniors
If you are looking for specially designed phones for seniors; Consumer Cellular offers the Doro 7050, which is a flip phone designed with seniors in mind, and the GrandPad, which is a simplified tablet for seniors.
If you are looking for top smartphones, you can easily buy expensive phones from the available Consumer Cellular phones with the Easypay service, which is a monthly payment system and the iPhone models would be your choice since; all the available Android phones are mid-range or dated.
Consumer Cellular Customer Service - Phone NumberThe customer service is one of the main reasons why current customers love Consumer Cellular. Consumer Cellular has U.S. based customer service team and ranks high in the latest Consumer Reports wireless survey in customer satisfaction beating all the major carriers. The Support team is available through a website contact form, E-mail, and by a free phone number.
Consumer Cellular Phone Number (888) 345-5509
Consumer Cellular Reviews 2020Consumer Cellular is a reliable cell phone provider that uses reliable nationwide networks. It offers competitive prices and excellent customer services. Consumer Cellular optimize their services for a specific audience (the AARP members and senior citizens) and provides affordably limited and unlimited plans. Recently, Consumer Cellular starts to offer unlimited data, which is good for heavy data seniors. But if you need a lot of data (over 20GB of data) your data speed may be decreased, and if you need over 30GB of data you will be out of luck, because your data may be blocked until the next month.
Consumer Cellular reviews summary - How Good Is Consumer Cellular
consumer cellular Reviews: Pros
- Consumer Cellular uses the AT&T and T-Mobile networks; this is good for a non-carrier service provider to gain the benefits of AT&T and T-Mobile who are of the major carriers in the United States.
- Decent plans for those who don’t use their phone often.
- Excellent customer service.
- Offers discounts for AARP members.
- Offers senior-friendly phones, unlike the other cell phone providers.
Consumer Cellular reviews: Cons
Very expensive unlimited talk and text plans compared to the other cell phone service providersthe new unlimited talk and text rates are competitive with the other carriers.
- Limited high-speed data usage (only 20GB of data), you can have more data with lower speed.
The available Consumer Cellular phones still missing the top Android smartphonesNow Consumer Cellular offers flagship devices from Samsung and Apple.