Recommended for you:
Consumer Cellular review.
Jitterbug phone Verizon.
Jitterbug plans review.
Consumer Cellular vs JitterbugJitterbug Service plans
Jitterbug offers no-contract cell phone plans for seniors and runs on the Verizon network. GreatCall provides separate talk, text, data, and healthcare packages. First, you choose the talk plan and you can add text, data, or a healthcare package. If you add a healthcare package, which is a perfect option for standalone seniors, you get a 50% discount on your talk plan. These plans targeted toward senior citizens who are not heavy phone users. So, if you’re using your phone too much, Jitterbug plans will be expensive than other service providers.
- For $15/month, you get 250 minutes.
- For $20/month, you get 1000 minutes.
- For $30/month, you get 2500 minutes.
- For $40 per month, you get unlimited talk and text.
- For $3/month, you get 500 text messages.
- For $5/month, you get 1000 text messages.
- For $10/month, you get 1500 text messages.
- For $15/month, you get Unlimited text messages.
- $2.5/month plan provides 100 MB.
- $5/month plan provides 250 MB.
- $10/month plan provides 1 GB.
- $15/month plan provides 2.5 GB.
- Basic package for $20 per month.
- Preferred package for $25 per month.
- Ultimate package for $35 per month.
Jitterbug phones known as the ideal phones for seniors because they have many features allow senior citizens to deal with their phone. The Jitterbug phone is a flip phone and the latest version called the Jitterbug Flip, and if you thinking to get a simple smartphone with a big screen; the Jitterbug Smart may be the best smartphone for senior citizens.
- Check out the best senior flip phones 2020
- Provide service on the Verizon network.
- Offers designed cell phones and smartphones for senior citizens.
- Offers health and safety services, which allow you to call for help 24/7.
- For moderate and heavy cell phone users, it’s expensive.
Jitterbug vs Consumer Cellular ComparisonConsumer Cellular Service plans
Consumer Cellular offers no-contract cell phone plans for seniors on the AT&T network. It provides separate talk and text, data packages, first you choose the talk plan and you can add text, data plans. These plans targeted toward senior citizens who are not heavy phone users because the unlimited plans are expensive than other service providers. With Consumer Cellular you can share your plans with your family and friends; each additional line costs $15/line, for each line.
- 250 talk minutes for $15/month.
- Unlimited talk minutes for $20/month.
- Talk, Text Messages and Data plans
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 500 MB for $25/month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 3 GB for $30/month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 10 GB for $40/month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 15 GB for $50/month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data for $60/month.
Consumer Cellular offers senior-friendly phones like the Doro 7050, which is a flip phone and have many features that allow senior citizens to deal with their phone.
If you looking for a simple smartphone, the Doro 824 SmartEasy has a big screen and simplified home screen.
Consumer Cellular Advantages
- Provide service on the AT&T network.
- US-based customer service.
- Low rates for light cell phone users.
- Shared plans for $15 per month for each line.
- Offers AARP discounts for AARP active members. Check out the AARP phones for senior citizens.
- Offers senior-friendly phones like the Doro 7050 flip phone and the Doro 824 SmartEasy.
- As most of AT&T’s mobile virtual network operators lacks some AT&T features like the Apple MMS.
- Very expensive for heavy data users.